Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crock-Pot Chili

1 lb Ground Beef
2 Cups chopped onions
1can (29 oz) tomato puree
1can each (about 15 oz each) black beans, red kidney beans and chickpeas, rinsed
1 can (14 1/2 oz) zesty diced tomatoes with green chilies
3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon each cumin and salt
Serve with: sour cream, shredded cheese, and green onions

1. Cook beef in large skillet.( I drain the fat if there is any)
2. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 8-10 hours. (I usually blend my onions and tomatoes in my blender to make my puree. 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can diced chili's are what I add instead of the zesty diced tomatoes...same thing...I sometimes omit the chickpeas.)

Coleman Recipe Book 2006,
Submitted by Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment